Exploring the Cosmos
- Class Times: Mondays and Thursdays 1:00-2:20pm Bob Wright A104
- Phone: 250.721.6644
- Email: jfn at uvic dot ca
- Office Hours: Mon & Thurs 10:00-11:00am in my
office, or by appointment
- Contact: Email is probably best. I try to
reply to all email within 24 hours.
- Textbook: “Astronomy Today” (8th
Edition) by Chaisson & McMillan (Pearson).
- Course Level: This is a 1st year
Astronomy course for non-science students. A strong interest in Astronomy
is assumed. Little Mathematics is required.
- Course Content: To see the course syllabus,
please click here.
Grading will reflect the result of the
student’s performance in
- Homework assignments
- Midterm quiz (15%)
- Labs (20%)
- You must pass the lab to pass the
- Final Exam (40%)
- Late assignments will not be
- No extra-credits.
- Academic honesty is expected of *all*
students at UVic. This course is no exception.